Nutrition & The Body Ecology Diet
NUTRITIONAL RATES & SERVICES
Nutritional Consultation: $75: Includes
- Intake and Assessment (please download questionnaire from link)
- Nutritional Deficiency Testing
- NAET Allergy Testing
Nutritional Consultation and Treatment: $120
- Add NAET Allergy treatment with modalities
Muscle Testing of Foods and Supplements: $35 half hour/ $65 full hour.
- Please bring food and supplements in a bag for testing.
Dietary Therapy: Prepaid Package required
- You must purchase one of my packages or be on an existing package of hours to receive dietary counseling with the necessary treatments and monitoring. These treatments can include NAET, visceral massage, lymphatic drainage, and emotional release therapy. Monitoring includes adjusting diet and recipes to accommodate removal of allergies through NAET and adjustment of supplements via muscle testing.
Dietary programs are custom versions of The Body Ecology Diet, Gut & Psychology Syndrome Diet (GAPS), and Paleo Diets. These include:
- 5-10 Day Leaky Gut Diet: Based on the Intro GAPS diet. (This is a Pre-Body Ecology Diet for those who need it).
- 5 Week Anti-fungal, Anti-inflammatory Diet: Based on The Body Ecology Diet Phase One
- Sustainable Dietary Life Plan– Based on The Body Ecology Phase 2 Diet and The Paleo Diet.
All prescribed nutrition programs are anti-inflammatory, hypoallergenic, tasty and easy to digest. They are all tailored to the results of the nutritional consultation and are custom to the individual. Nutrition clients must be monitored for up to 5 weeks and therefore must purchase a package of 5 or 10 hours. The Body Ecology and Gut & Psychology Syndrome (GAPS) diets are the basis of all the prescribed diets at Catherine Marks. They are all generic diets that remove approximately 80% of allergenic foods. However, every one is unique. A hypoallergenic diet must be hypoallergenic to the specific individual. Thus, anyone starting nutritional services must be allergy tested through NAET prior to dietary therapy. Lab results are a welcome adjunct.
THE BODY ECOLOGY DIET
The Body Ecology Diet originally was originally designed to restore gut health (Body Ecology) for those who had damaged their digestive systems with antibiotics, prescription drugs, processed foods and more. However, it is also one of the two diets advocated by the Weston A. Price Foundation as the best for gut and digestive health in general.
The first 5 weeks follow a diet that is probiotic, alkaline, anti-inflammatory and free of processed foods, gluten, casein, and soy. It is based on Chinese dietary therapy and acid/alkaline balance. In Phase two you will start to add back dairy, rice, and the more difficult to digest whole foods such as nuts and legumes. Both Phase 1 and Phase 2 eschew soy and gluten, and both follow the same basic principals.
Here are a few of the more important ones:
- Eat till 80% full. Overloading the digestive system is as bad or worse than what you eat.
- Have your meals be 80% alkaline forming. Thus, if you are having fish, meat or eggs, you will need to balance these with alkalizing vegetables.
- Have a cup of warm soup, broth, or herbal (non caffeinated) tea with each meal. Per Chinese dietary therapy, warm foods and liquids are more digestible, and liquid content in meals is a critical component to gut health and peristalsis (movement).
Note on the Phase 1 list there are no dry, hard foods to irritate the gut lining such as popcorn, raw nuts and seeds, dry cereal, dry bread, crackers, or chips. Think instead, hot cereal, nut milk and butter, lettuce/coconut wraps, and crudités. Raw nuts are the #1 cause of diverticulosis.